Monday, July 7, 2008


Hey everyone!
We had family pictures back in February, but I am posting them for our friends who we don't get to see nearly enough. I'm also including Layla's blessing day to show off her dress. If it still fit I would put her in it everyday.





Layla Kate and her Papa's





Here are some up-dated pics of Gray and Layla

















Best Buds!

















This summer we have been busy with family reunions. Both John and I have big extended families so when we get together, it is quite the event. The Mickelsen reunion was June 12-15 at Accord Lakes. It is an annual event where we camp, play games, and spend time together. There were exactly 100 people who attended this year.

Below is a picture of Gray playing in the man-made camp sandbox digging for "gold" (really coins) and bobbing for apples.













The "Kendall Kampout" was June 19-22 up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It is a lot like the Mickelsen campout. My favorite part is the camp fire at night when we all sing songs and visit. John is so lucky to be so close to 2nd and even 3rd cousins. There were probably 250 people this year, rough estimate. We are truly blessed to belong to our families.





The pictures don't really show the magnitude of the camp-outs, but John and I forgot the camera most of the time. I wish I had taken more pictures up Cottonwood Canyon because it was beautiful. Next time maybe.

I recently broke my pinky and hand playing spoons at our monthly girls night out. I am in the process of getting the picture so I can show you all the nice dislocated finger. I have only 2 weeks left until my cast comes off and I am counting.


Also this Summer, my Dad headed up a Veterans Memorial Monument at the Redmond park. It took months of planning and hard labor. He had two large monuments made, one in honor of soldiers, and one in honor of those who lost their lives. The second monument is only a helmet, boots, and a gun, propped on each other. Also, there are flags for all of the different units, like army, navy, ect., POW, and the American flag. They built a large rock wall around the monuments with a cement path inside. I am really proud of him.





















3 comments:

Shera said...

Your blog is way cute!! I am glad you joined the blogging world!

Aubrie said...

woohoo..your first post! I hope you get just as addicted as I am..I love all the fun pics!! The craziness is finally done with for now at our house so I will be calling you about Tuachan (sp?)soon so don't think I forgot:)

The Reese's said...

Your beautiful babies. I love it. There is no doubt that they take after their aunt. We love them and wish we could spend more time with them. This is awesome.