Monday, November 10, 2008

Layla Kate!!!

My sweet Layla Kate!!!
My sister Julie and I took Layla to get her 9-month pictures (even though she is now 10 1/2 months...oops!) and they turned out so cute!!! Here are a couple of my favorites.




Just thought you might like to know where she gets her nose, chubby cheeks and dimples! This is my 10 month old pic!
So today is the first day that I let Layla cry herself to sleep. She still gets up two times a night and I feed her and get her back to sleep, but John and I are physically exhausted and we just can't do it anymore. I am blogging right now because I can hear her crying and I'm about to give-up.
She didn't calm down for a good twenty minutes. I am still stressed out about it and feel like the worst mom ever. Poor Layla, this is how she finally fell asleep. Don't look at the miss-matched clothes, it is a laundry day.



7 comments:

Shera said...

Her pictures are SO CUTE!!! She's adorable.

Don't worry you are such a good mom!

Unknown said...

Hang in there...it will be so worth it!! Every mom feels that way at some point but it is the best thing for her--just remember that and be strong by next week she will lay down and fall to sleep all by herself and you will be sooo happy!! I let Trev cry for way longer than 20 min so she is doing better than you think I promise!!

Mary said...

I really can feel your pain! Our oldest was SUCH a bad sleeper. It finally got to the point around his first birthday where we just physically couldn't do the constant middle of the night wakings anymore, so I tried out the Ferber method. It worked so well (I think he cried for maybe 30 minutes the first night and less than 10 the second) and our only regret was that we hadn't done it sooner. Just know that it will be worth it (but it is sooo hard listening to them cry!). Layla is such a cutie!

Diana & CJ said...

Layla's photo on the top is the best. Love that one. And i totally understand now that she does look exactly like your baby picture. I remember you said that when we saw you last but now I can grasp it for myself.

JENKIES said...

The pictures are so cute. 20 minutes of crying for the first time actually is pretty good. It probably felt like hours for you though. I think our first time with Tyce was like 45 minutes and it was so hard. So hang in there and it will be worth it when you get the rest that you need. Love Ya, hope all is well.

Heidi said...

Her pic's are so cute. We all know where she gets it. Don't feel bad about letting her cry herself to sleep. It gets better and easier if you don't give in. After a few days it's the best thing you could have done. What day and what location are you going to for the movie?

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I finally got to see your little girl! Leave it to the internet :)
Cade
Kim just started blogging.
kimandcadebooth.blogspot.com