Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!

I was so excited to eat that I didn't take one picture on Thanksgiving day, how pathetic am I? But we had a great Thanksgiving at brother Trent's house this year. I decided to make John's great great Grandma's stuffing and I have to admit it turned out yummy. Lots of food and fun games with the fam-what could be better! Julie, Cory & Maycie stayed at our house that night so the next morning I got a cute pic of Layla and Maycie in all their bed-head glory. Future BFF's!!









The friday after Thanksgiving is always our annual "Christmas tree hunting" day. We all look forward to this day as much as Thanksgiving. This year we choose Monroe mountain. It was the perfect day-we had snow for the kids to play in and oh yes, another turkey waiting for us at home! Dad, Mom, Trent, Kami, and Julie all got trees.



























Both Gray and Layla fell asleep on the way home (Layla is under the blanket). It was a good thing Cody had his Rhino, our 4-wheeler was too cold for the kiddos-and Cody's dog, or should I say baby, Weezer :)










Later that night we celebrated Jace's six birthday at Kami's house. Jace had a Curious George cake. I still can't believe he is six.
Happy Birthday Jace!!!


















Grandma Nikki and Layla in her cute new winter vest! I love the holiday's. Can't wait for Christmas!!!

7 comments:

Shera said...

That is so cute! I love her vest. Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Cannon Family said...

HOW FUN! I'm just like you! Way too excited about the food on Thanksigivng. You guys should call us next time you're up. Are you doing anything for John's B-day?

The Johnson Family said...

How fun is that! I wish we went and got a real tree! You guys are so fun. Have a Merry Christmas!

Barker Family said...

You have such a cute family. I was so excited when John told us you had a blog. It will be fun to keep in touch this way.

Heidi said...

Looks like fun and cold! I miss getting christmas trees! Totally off the subject have you read the book The Hunger Games? If not do you want to borrow mine? It's a good book I think you will like it.

Diana & CJ said...

Hi Guys, I was wondering wen was your wedding date? I know we didn't come because it was the day I was endowed & I can't remember it & need it for family history stuff I'm doing. Sorry for the bother but thanks in advance for the help.
Di~

Diana & CJ said...

Thanks for the date, now I need your email. Sorry I assummed I had it but don't. I'll keep from making it private till you comment back with your email. I want to make sure I include your dudes.