Monday, November 3, 2008

October in Review!!!!

I can't believe it is already November! October flew by for us (hence the lack of blogging) so now I'm going to attempt to fit all of our October activities into one blog. So here goes....

First, here are the marathon pics I promised.
Not sure what I was looking at but it is the only close-up pic of us running

My sweet hubby finished the last 1/2 mile with me and we crossed the finish line together!All of my "supporters". Dad, Mom, Tresha, Me, John, Kami, Julie, and Gray and Layla in the jogger. I love my family!My running buddy Shera-we both look so good!The men in my family have always been big on hunting, so the girls (my sisters and I) have a big sleep-over at mom's every year. We usually stay up all night playing games but this year around 2:00 in the morning we went toilet papering. It was seriously scary! I haven't gone toilet papering since I was in middle school. I have to admit we didn't do a very good job, I guess we were rusty, but it was still so much fun! I'm still trying to get John to go toilet-papering with me around Monroe. Thanks mom for sleeping with the kids until we got back. By the way, you can't tell by the picture but we line up four big mattresses and sleep on the living room floor.Can you tell who is more excited? Hmmm...John thought it was time to take Gray to the South Sevier football game. Gray informed me that it was only for boys and so sis and I had to stay at home. Mom and sis waving bye to the boys. Adison turns 3!!! My sweet niece Adi celebrated her birthday on October 11th. We ate sloppy-joes, and cake and ice-cream. Then we visited while the kiddos played and of course fought over toys. Not quite sure why I didn't get the cake in this picture?Adi got a necklace which Gray thought was pretty cool. John was not exceptionally happy however that I took this picture! Anyway, it looks like we put lipstick on him but it's from his sloppy-joe. I know he'll just love this pic when he gets older.

Dad pulled Gray and Layla all over the house on his sleeping bag one night and then it somehow turned into an every night event. Poor Layla would hang on for dear life but she loved it.

Also in October, my niece Aspen turned 8 and was baptized. It was an awesome meeting. Later that day, we had a potato bar and visited with family at Ty's house. (Papa Wayne, John, Tyler, Kurtis, Jordan, Matt, and sweet Aspen).

My fam!!! And uncle Matt's cell phone!!! My sister-in-law Amanda had the cutest scarecrow's at her house so we stole her idea and made our own. Poor John just got home from work but was a good sport and humored me. My brother Brett also showed up just in time to be put to work. Layla and Gray were big helps as well!!!The finished product! Yes I really am a good mom but Gray decided he didn't want his coat on for the picture. John drew faces on the pumpkins and they looked a little freaky after that.

The kids love to wrestle their daddy!!! I think our little Layla Kate might turn out to be quite the spit-fire. She gets down and dirty with her brother.

My beautiful Layla Kate in all her naughtiness!!!! Yes this was a day where she watched herself while I made bows. Check out the mess behind her. That was only the beginning!

Just chillin' in her brother's Diego jeep!!!My handsome Gray-bug!!! He's destined for a career in football!!!

His new "snow clothes". He wasn't about to wait for the snow so he wore them around the house. ALL night long!!!We love Halloween!!! My old roommates and I get together every year and have a Halloween party for the kids. This year it was at Jessica's and she did a great job of hosting.

Arrrg Matees!!!! (That's probably not even how you even spell it. I'm such a dork!)Gray, Layla, Lyndin, Kennedy, Gavin, Colby, Jaden, and AriJohn tried to get off early for Halloween but with no prevail. So I loaded the kids in the jogger and we old-school trick-or-treated. No trunk or treats for us!!! We had fun visiting Gray's friends and showing off their costumes.

(Notice the sucker in Layla's hand. I figured she wouldn't eat it with the wrapper on, however, she managed to bite a hole in the back of the sucker where I could not see and by the time we were through she had managed to suck an indent into the sucker).

John came home and we headed to Grandma's. Grandma was a 50's gal for Halloween, just so everyone is clear that this is not her normal up-do!!! (Julie holding Maycie, Grandma, Gray, Me holding Layla, Michael, Kami holding Jace, and Teven). Michael and Tev were good sports about getting their picture taken. They think they are now "too old" for dress-up. This year we missed Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins!!! They headed North for some shopping but we have some cute pics to show them.

We had an eventful October. We are excited for Thanksgiving and hope that November is just as busy and fun!!!

4 comments:

Shera said...

I love the new post! The pictures are so cute!

WESTWOOD'S said...

Looks like you had a great October. I love the costumes. You have got such cute kids!!

Heidi said...

Great update! It sounds like your busy busy, I love reading your blog.

Aubrie said...

Sorry about the cell phone in the family pic!! I showed him and he felt bad..he said "I didn't know they were taking pictures" that just goes to show you how observant he is:)